Join the Team at ILSR!
Job Title: Teacher Assistant Training Instructor
Hours: Part-Time, 6 Hours/week when trainings are in session
Start Date: ASAP
ILSR is seeking a self-motivated and experienced Secondary Math or ELA teacher
to join our qualified team of educators in the Teacher Assistant Training Program.
The TA Training program consists of 24 hours of instruction, and is offered in the
evenings, twice a week over the period of one month.
ILSR’s TA Training curriculum was developed from the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) Education Research and Dissemination Best Practices, and includes the following topics: The Role of the TA, Managing Student Behavior, Special Education and Disabilities, Health and Emergency Precautions in the School Setting, English Language Arts Academic Instruction, and Academic Math Instruction in preparation for the Paraprofessional Exam.
TA Training Instructors deliver engaging and interactive presentations to diverse groups of adult learners. In addition to providing training instruction, TA Instructors collect student assignments, report attendance and assignment completion to other program staff, and provide individual feedback to training participants on assignments. ILSR is currently offering TA training online via Zoom and candidates must be proficient in facilitating online learning.
• Facilitate 4-week TA trainings for adult learners several times a year
• Assign homework and provide individual feedback to students on assignments
• Communicate with staff members about participant attendance and progress toward training completion
• Attend bi-monthly TA instructor meetings
Skills and Qualifications:
• RI Certified Secondary Math or ELA Teacher.
• A minimum of 2 years’ teaching experience in RI public schools.
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with Google Drive, MS Office, and Zoom.
• Strong verbal communication skills, organized and detail oriented.
• Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
To apply: Please submit resume to email@example.com
Learn more about our Teacher Assistant Training Program by checking out our conversation on LaborVision RI. Click the video button below and jump to the 2nd half of the show!